Monday, October 27, 2008

The Latest

Here are some pics from the last couple weeks. Mom and dad came down one week for Alison's wedding, and then made the drive again the next weekend for Sharon's funeral. The morning after the funeral, in memory of Sharon, we (Me, Shalaine, Shalaine's brothers and sister and spouses, and mom and dad) did Sharon's favorite hike - the bump and grind. As you can see, mom was having a tough time but we made it to the top and all struck a Sharon pose. We did the hike much later in the day, (around 9am). She would do it at 4:30am and get up to the top in time to see the sunrise. 

Dad and I took Axel on a little ride on our beach cruisers around the golf course behind our house. Perfect weather and ride, except Axel didn't like riding through the sprinklers.

This is the aceman all dressed up for the wedding. 

6 comments:

maines said...

Seeing that last picture makes me miss his hair! I just keep telling myself...it's just hair, it'll grow back...it's just hair, it'll grow back...
I love the pictures on the bike. And what a trooper Laurel was! I know she hated every minute of it but she was still fun. My family keeps saying they want to hang out with Al.G and L.G more often.

barbara said...

You might miss that hair even more as the years go by. Axel looks so much like K.W.when he was a baby that I think I know what will happen to it!! xoxoxo Thanks for the pictures.

loubige said...

That was a fun day. L.G. definitely was a trooper, backless tennies and all!
The bike pictures are adorable, and his hair will be back to the length before in no time, he's cute however he looks!

Laurel said...

OK...give me a break. You make it look like a certain someone was there helping me everystep of the way. Did he stage that photo right before he took off and ran to the top leaving me in the dust (with dutiful son Cort dragging me to the top) for the last mile of the hike? Can you tell by the photo this is a family of total jocks! Nobody warned me. And where are the photos of this beautiful boy with the bigboy haircut:)

loubige said...

Laurel I was thinking the same thing! Nice "kissing the babies" photo with Al G. and the wife. :-) He got his photo-op and took off! Nice one.
FYI, Maines is right, I told Cort Jon and I would totally hang out with you guys--even if they weren't around! You guys are easy/fun to hang out with.

maines said...

I'm laughing so hard right now thinking about those horrible backless tennies. Mom really made bad fashion choices sometimes. Who owns those?! And looking back at the picture of the G's after reading Laurels comments is priceless. Totally posed.