Sunday, July 20, 2008

Back from Powell



Shalaine and I went to Lake Powell last week with the youth in our ward. It was an incredible trip. The youth and leaders all had a great time, played a lot, and strengthened our testimonies. We left Axel for a week with Jon and Louann so we missed him but I knew he was in good hands watching plenty of Angel games on TV, and going to the beach with his cousins. I'd send you to Louann's blog to see pictures of his week in Laguna Beach but her blog is private cause only cool people are privilaged enough to access what's going on in her life.

Anyway, here are some pictures of the trip. Also, Mom and Dad thanks for the Bike Seat for our birthdays. We finally took it out this evening for it's first ride and Axel loved it...as you can see from the picture.



We did a lot of tubing, and unfortunately the only life jacket available to me was a girls, but I think I pulled it off nicely.





9 comments:

Breanne King said...

Oh how fun! I love lake powell....we've got to work together and get Eddie to love it to...How can you not like it?

Al G. said...

JEALOUS!!! We heard the water was 85. I love that place. It looks like you had a lot of zanny fun...which is usually the case when Cort's around. Shalaine and Ax look great on the bike. Glad the seat worked. He's got to get used to the bike...since he's named after one of the great cyclists of all time, Axel Mercks.
Love DAD

Dro said...

Finally you come and get the pest of yours. He was horrible. Took 3 naps a day. Slept throughout the night. Cried maybe once (when the Angels lost...or was that me?) and basically smiled the whole time.

Why bother having a child that's perfect? Where's the growth? Where's the pain? Where's the heartache?

Next time...you should try doing it right and not take the easy way out. :)

maines said...

And when we do Dro, we'll be sure and leave him with you.

steph said...

Shalaine,
it's been about forever since i've heard from you so i decided to track you down and check out your blog. i love seeing your little face. i miss you and it is so good to see your little man axel. what a doll. hope all is well with you and yours. love, steph

loubige said...

Yes, only cool people. :-)

(seriously though, someday I'll get over the fact that a random child molester is really NOT reading my blog and figuring out where I live AND/OR that psycho chick in the ward isn't stalking my blog and judging me behind my back and telling everyone else about it---I wouldn't care if strangers were judging me....just people I know)
Okay now that I'm done with my therapy session--love the pictures, I especially love the one of Axel on the bike, that helmet is AWESOME. He was basically perfect--you know you guys are screwed when you have your next one.

fijiangirl said...

Cort when I see that pic of you in the life vest all I can think of is that song from the 80s. "I'm to sexy for my shirt" You would have been perfect for the video!

Al G. said...

So dad said there was the cutest picture of Axel on his bike seat but with the helmet he looks a bit like a re-re. No way! What a beautiful kid, such blue eyes and so tan! Bet he had a blast with all the cousins. So much more fun than he would have had with g and g. Glad you had fun and were all safe! Thanks for the pictures...love mom.

loubige said...

I'm gonna take credit for that tan of his and not the sweet potatos b/c he went to the beach twice AND to swim lessons a total of 7 times the week he was with us!! :-) All along the perfect child just chillin'......who has a kid like that?!?