Saturday, July 5, 2008

To Cort

Dear Mental Buddy,

Happy 30th birthday! I'm sorry you're getting a blogpost too but I didn't want you to feel left out. If you want me to list 3o reasons why I love you just let me know (cause I sure can!), but I thought I'd spare the public all my cheesiness and just let you know that you have always been a wonderful brother and I've looked up to you my entire life. From your musical gifts to your smarts to your athleticism, you are jut all around talented and have shown what a hard worker you are. I'm always impressed with how dedicated you are to goals and how you seem to do everything you do very well. And for your birthday, I will tell you something that I've never admitted... I think you're the better piano player of the two of us. But I can accept that because you're my cool big brother, so of course you have to show me up in some things. Anyway Cort I love you and I hope you have a wonderful day! (sorry this ended up being a little cheesy anyway, but I mean it).

And just for fun...here's the google image result of your name:

Where there's a Cort, there's a good political message.
I love you Cort!
Jordan

7 comments:

maines said...

BRAVO! I LOVE it. Cort really is amazing, isn't he? :-) Honestly he's PERFECT. Dont' feel bad about the piano thing Jordan, Cort shows me up with ALL of his spledid talents. I knew I wanted to marry him the moment we met and there is nothing I would change about him (bowls in the bottom rack of the dishwasher aside). Happy Birthday Little Mister! I love you!

maines said...

p.s. I don't which one in that picture is "Cort", but the one on the left looks like my cousin Thad. Scary.

Laurel said...

Thanks Jord! All so true..Can't really accept that Cort's 30 although he does seem to live the life of a retiree (not to be confused with a ree-ree). We need to party for Cort, Shalaine and the Aceman when everyone's here for the wedding. Can't wait! Happy Birthday "mister" and thanks for 30years of pure joy!

Cort said...

Thank you Jordan...my mental buddy. I hadn't thought of that in awhile. You are mental though if you really think I'm a better piano player than you. We miss you out in NYC. Now that you've had you're chance to see the world, it's time to move back home to California so you can babysit your nephew. We'll see you in a couple weeks.

loubige said...

Happy B-day Cort!!!! I wish I would have known it was the big 3-0, I would have gotten you the BIG balloon! :-) Thanks for coming to help us move on your birthday, that was SO nice of you. And AFTER a triatholon--HELLO!! You are dfinitely Mr. Sporty Corty. (yes I know I am a dork) Thanks again, hope you had a great weekend.

Dro said...

Dude, helping your brother in law move on your 30th birthday?!?! You are definitely DA MAN!!!!

And for your birthday, I will tell you something that I've never admitted... I think you're the 2nd best golfer out of the two of us. But I can accept that because....well, there are only 2 of us.

Thanks again for your help on Saturday!!!!

fijiangirl said...

Wow! I can't believe you are only 30! You always seemed much much older than that! Ha Ha! Happy Birthday man. You should celebrate with all the fijians coming to the LDS reunion ball this Friday night! Don't worry just a short drive up to Oakland.l