Saturday, December 29, 2007

"I Loves Harpo"



MY FIRST BLOG POST!!!! 

Today my friend Dane came to town. We went to FAO Shwarz and saw the big piano from the movie Big. These two toy store workers were putting on a show. Their only job is to perform songs on the piano for the tourists. My first thought was- How do I get that job. But then I realized how super cheesy they were when they started posing while they were dancing on the piano and telling everyone to take pictures of them. I could imagine them practicing their routine over and over all night. They were eating up the fame. I was mad because they were taking up the whole piano and I thought I could do much better then them. All they could play were Heart and Soul and Chopsticks. Watch me give Chopin a spin on that thing! Anyway, we didn't try it because the line was humongous by the time the demo was done, and I got really angry about the tourists (which happens quite often). So instead we went to the Harry Potter section and tried on hats. 



Tonight my friends and I went and saw The Color Purple on Broadway. You may have heard of it... it's an Oprah Winfrey production. This is Fantansia Barrino, our very own American Idol, singing her little heart out. I was skeptical of it at first, because I feel like Oprah often overreacts about things and then everyone freaks out about them too. But it actually was really good. There was a lot of soul in the house... I'm talking about "soul grunts" (as Rauna has tagged them) and amens from members of the audience during particularly moving songs. I would have to rate this play at least a PG-13 though, just so those of you with small children know. The best thing about it is it's full of black people, so we know the singing and dancing is good. 

2 comments:

maines said...

Thanks for the post Jordan. I'm signed in as Shalaine, but this is Cort. Now that you've got the blog all figured out you can keep us posted on all the other cool stuff you're doing out there. Keep your eye out for a package later in the week. I sent you a book I think you'll like that I read recently that was pretty amazing. Anyway, tomorrow I'm going to try and post some video of Axel from the little video camera Dad got us for Christmas. Hopefully it works.

maines said...

Yeah! Someone else is posting. I love seeing the adventures of Jordan in New York. Bummer about the piano though. Those are the guys that end up Wiggles or in Barney costumes and then later go on to be mass murderers. Your better off with your chosen career. It is a dark and dangerous path they follow.