Saturday, January 5, 2008

NY, NY: The city so nice it's named twice

It's been a few days since anyone has posted so I guess I'm up. Here's what has been happening lately with me. First of all, I want to thank Cort for the amazing gift!! I have heard so much about that book and had really wanted to read it. It was sooooo cool to open it up and see a note from the author! How special! I've started reading it and he's already becoming my hero. THANKS!!!!!The reason I'm so frumpy in this picture is that I have done absolutely nothingggg today. I think I broke my foot or something so I've decided to try my best to stay off of it until I go see the doc on monday. So there's another reason I'm grateful to have this new book to read :)

Anyway, Rauna and Dane were here this whole past week and just left yesterday. We had a great time celebrating New Years and life in general. Here are some highlights:

We waited outside in the rain for 2 hours for this pizza. As you can see, Rauna's ready to eat. It's pretty good pizza but now I'm not sure it was THAT good. Anyway we finally made it inside and ate 3 whole pizzas (there were a couple others at the table). But after 2 hours in the rain, one does not hold back. We took a cab 3 blocks. That's how freezing it is in this place.

No soup for you...come back 1 year.

This is in front of the Stock Exchange. Usually they have a big american flag across the front of it, but at Christmas time they do it in lights.

NEW YEARS

Here we are on a friend's roof celebrating the New Year. My friend Thelma came up from DC for the festivities. We went to the Mormon party but decided there wasn't enough craziness (drunk people) there so had to go out dancing elsewhere afterward.


I would like to thank mom and dad for these pictures as they were taken with my new camera! It works like a dream! I've become really camera happy, so you can be expecting more to come.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Thanks Jord! We love the news and fun photos from NY. I'm sure you think your life is boring but it's NOT! And love your sense of humor in your writing. Glad you're enjoying your camera. You got it just in time for the Green Bean blog! Especially the New YEars one of you and Rhona on the subway. Looks like you're really having a good time :). Thanks for adding to the fun. Now if we can just get Kendall and Beau on board...Love you!

i'm jefra... said...

New Years in New York! I remember not being able to get a cab there that night cause the cabbies all thought we'd puke in their car.